Street Corn Quinoa
The wonderful sound of popping corn kernels on the grill and the gently charred aroma will transport you to the street of Mexico. These wonderful flavors are transformed into a yummy salad that you’ll make all summer long. Lime juice gives brightness to the salad and the jalapeños add a touch of heat, bringing a balance of flavors to this vibrant dish.
- 1 pkg (5 oz) Tiny Hero® Quick Quinoa Sides – Four Cheese
- 4 cobs of corn, husks and silk removed
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, cooled
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese, divided
- In small saucepan, combine 1 cup water, quinoa and seasoning packet; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes and fluff with fork; let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill corn, turning occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until grill-marked and tender. Let cool completely and slice kernels from cobs (you should have about 3 cups).
- In large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, half of the cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, sour cream, green onions, jalapeño pepper, cumin and salt; add quinoa, corn, chicken and half of the
- Toss well. Divide among 4 plates; sprinkle with remaining cilantro and cheese.