Watermelon and Feta Summer Salad
The classic pairing of watermelon and feta is elevated with the addition of Golden Quinoa. Tossed in a simple lemon vinaigrette, this fresh and light salad is perfect for summer barbecues and picnics. Try it as a layered salad in mason jars for a great workday lunch.
- 1 cup Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- In saucepan, bring 4 cups water to boil; add quinoa. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain and let cool completely.
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper; add quinoa, arugula, watermelon, cheese, red onions and mint. Toss well.
- If desired, grill watermelon for the salad. Preheat the grill to medium-highheat; grease grate well. Grill watermelon for 1 to 2 minutesper side or until grill-marked.
- For added tang, toss 1/2 cup pitted black olives or 2 tbsp capers into the salad.