Thai Quinoa & Red Rice Lettuce Cups with Turkey
Lettuce help you transform dinner with an Asian-inspired dish that’s a lean, mean, flavor-loaded machine. These Thai Quinoa and Red Rice Lettuce Cups with Turkey are sure to become a hand-held favorite, thanks to Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa and Red Rice, bold Thai green curry, and some extra crunchy Iceberg lettuce. With this kind of texture and spice, you may never go back to salad with a fork.
- 1 cup Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa and Red Rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 oz lean ground turkey
- 5 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 head of Iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges
- Bring 4 cups water to boil. Add Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa & Red Rice and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain using a fine mesh strainer.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat and cook turkey for about 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Stir in cooked quinoa and red rice, cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until well mixed.
- Divide mixture among lettuce leaves. Top with red pepper, carrot, peanuts and green onions. Serve with lime wedges.